Microsoft’s Power BI is a powerful technology for quickly creating rich R visualizations. Power BI has many practical uses for the modern data professional including executive dashboards, operational dashboards, and visualizations for data exploration/analysis.
Microsoft has also extended Power BI with support for incorporating R visualizations into Power BI projects, enabling a myriad of data visualization use cases across all industries and circumstances. As such, this is an extremely valuable tool for any Data Analyst, Product/Program Manager, or Data Scientist.
We will provide a hands-on introduction to using R visualizations within Power BI using Microsoft’s free Power BI Desktop software. Both the Power BI project and .CSV data files will be accessible via GitHub.
What You'll Learn
- Overview of Power BI and where it fits in a data professional’s tool belt
- The nuances of how Power BI integrates with R, including necessary data preprocessing
- Introduction to the R ggplot2 visualization package
- Incorporation of R visualizations into Power BI projects
- Making R visualizations dynamic by responding to UX controls
Get the accompanying material here
Data Science Dojo Instructor- Data Science Dojo is a paradigm shift in data science learning. We enable all professionals (and students) to extract actionable insights from data.