In this tutorial, we provide a quick introduction to online experimentation and A/B testing and give an overview of stats fundamentals needed to understand A/B testing. We then explain how A/B testing is done in an online business. We will conclude by mentioning some of the pitfalls that are common when running online experiments.
What You'll Learn
What is A/B Testing?
- A/B testing on web traffic
- A/B testing on newsletter and email
- A/B testing vs. multivariate testing
Online Experimentation Fundamentals
- Understanding the terminology: Control, treatment, factor, level, A/B, A/A
- Null and alternate hypothesis; Type I and Type II error
- Power and sample size selection; Confidence intervals
- Metrics for evaluation and categories
Data Science Dojo Instructor- Data Science Dojo is a paradigm shift in data science learning. We enable all professionals (and students) to extract actionable insights from data.