New Trainings at Data Science Dojo | IoT
Learn about two new short-term courses introduced by Data Science Dojo: A 3-day Introduction to Data Science and A 2-day Introduction to IoT.
Last July, Data Science Dojo (DSD) announced a new data science certificate program with
the University of New Mexico Continuing Education (UNMCE). Continuing with this partnership, DSD has announced two new trainings stemming off the certificate program; A Hands-on Introduction to Data Science and A Hands-on Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT).
A Hands-on Introduction to Data Science
Taking place March 11-13, 2020, at UNMCE, this new training will continue to offer the data science certificate. The main difference between the new and previous training
is the new training will only be three days instead of five, and the days are a little shorter (days start at 9 am rather than 8 am). The course is made to give a strict fundamental knowledge of data science, taking away some of the stress of coupling
a data science training with data engineering.
The training is taught in a series of live, in-person, instructor-led tutorials to equip you with data science fundamentals, R programming, and Azure machine learning tools for data science. Anyone is welcome to attend, especially those who would like
to add data science as a skill or who want to learn more about the field.
Intstructor-led Tutorial Example
Below is a list of some of the topics that will be covered during the course. To see the full list, please view the full curriculum.
- Introduction to Big Data, Data Science and Predictive Analytics
- Data Exploration, Visualization, and Feature Engineering
- Introduction to Predictive Modeling, Classification and Decision Trees
- Evaluation of Classification Models
- Deploying a model in Azure machine learning
- Participation in a Kaggle competition
Learn more about how you can earn a data science certificate backed by an accredited university in only 3 days. This course is eligible for UNM tuition remission.
A Hands-on Introduction to Internet of Things
Scheduled for April 20-21, 2020, also at UNM, this introduction to IoT is 2 days of real-time analytics. The course is designed to give a gente introduction to IoT. At the end of the second day, attendees will understand the architecture of an IoT application
and build a working prototype of an IoT project.
The IoT prototype comes in 4 different tracks, meant to simulate some of the industries where the internet of things is most popular:
- Agriculture - Real-time monitoring of humidity, temperature, and light from soil
- Transportation - Real-time tracking of an automobile location
- Industrial Automation - Real-time monitoring of machine health
- Surveillance - Real-time activity monitoring
The bootcamp also includes lessons on social media (Twitter) sentiment analysis, simulated credit card data steam, and motion sensing data emitted by a smart phone. Additionally, each attendee will receive and keep an IoT Devkit to go through the hands-on
exercises with. To get the full extent of what you'll learn, take a look at the curriculum Data Science Dojo has put together.
- A Hands-on Introduction to Data Science
- A Hands-on Introduction to IoT
- UNMCE - Introduction to Data Science
- UNMCE - Introduction to IoT