Data Science Dojo and UNMCE Partner for a Data Science Certificate Program
This partnership will allow Data Science Dojo to offer their top-rated curriculum now backed by an accredited university.
Located in Albuquerque, the University of New Mexico (UNM) was founded in 1889 as the "flagship institution" of New Mexico. With an active network of more than 160,000 alumni, 200+ degree options, and a campus covering nearly 800 acres today, UNM is living up to its founding vision.
UNMCE offers courses for professional development, personal enrichment, and lifelong learning. Although most classes and trainings aren't offered for academic credit, certifications are available upon request for some Business, Professional, and IT courses.
What does this mean for you?
The partnership between DSD and UNMCE will allow everyone to attend an intensive, short-duration data science training with the stamp of approval from the University of New Mexico. The UNMCE data science certificate will only be offered at the Albequerque campus where you will be able to receive continuing education credit.
What's the difference between certified and non-certified?
This bootcamp will be treated exactly like all of DSD's other top-rated bootcamps. The only difference is the training hosted at UNMCE is backed by an accredited university. You will receive a certificate of achievement jointly offered by Data Science Dojo and the University of New Mexico.
About the training in New Mexico
Scheduled for October 7-11, 2019, experienced data scientists from Data Science Dojo will help you build a strong foundation of theoretical concepts on data science and big data engineering while helping you apply them to challenging datasets. Check out the data science bootcamp curriculum.
This data science certificate program will help you gain multiple technical skills. Below is a list of what to expect at the bootcamp:
- Learn to use tools and technologies essential for data science and data engineering: R, Python, Azure ML, Hive, Hadoop, Mahout, Spark, Stream Processors, and Data Ingestors.
- Participate in a Kaggle competition.
- Explore, visualize, and narrate stories underlying in any given dataset.
- Build predictive models for classification and regression.
- Evaluate predictive models and identify suitable metrics for evaluating a given business case.
- Build ensemble learning models such as Bagging, Boosting, and Random Forests.
- Build a predictive model and deploy it as a web service.
- Design, run and interpret online experiments and A/B tests.
- Identify homogenous groups in a given dataset using clustering.
- Learn how to process and analyze textual data to find similarities between documents.
- Learn how Amazon’s and Netflix’s recommender system algorithms work and build your own movie recommender system.
- Build an end-to-end internet of things (IoT) solution
If you would like to learn more about the training and how you can continue your education with Data Science Dojo, please contact DSD's Marketing Team at email@example.com.
- DSD Marketing Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nathan Piccini - DSD Marketing Manager: email@example.com
View other data science certifications.